Saturday, June 2, 2012

Rosy Barbs ate my Plants. :(

I had been keeping a pair of Rozy Barbs in one of my old tank. They are notorious and like to nibble on plants.


I had been on a vacation for a week. So I transferred them in my main tank. I was expecting, with good food being fed through my Automatic Fish Feeder, they may not nibble too much on the plants.


I was disappointed after I came back from my vacation. I soon realized that they have nibbled away two different species of plants and made them extinct.


I no longer have
  • Parrot Feather.
  • Ambolia.
  • Red Cabomba is also almost extinct. Only two stalk have remained.  

Note the changes after adding the Rosy Barbs. 


I have also noticed that my Angels like to feed on duck weed. They seem to like it and I happen to throw a weekly feed of duck weed in the tank.


  
Before adding Rozy Barbs while going on Vacation.


After 1 Week of Vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment