Here are some pics:
|Sep-2012: Initial Setup.|
|Jan-2013: Not so encouraging Setup. :(|
|Jul-2013: Lush Growth. :)|
1. Added 3 new Angels fishes (Qty-4) a few days back.
2. Added Red Tail Sharks (Qty-7) around 2 months back.
3. Added Crypt (Qty-1) around 2-weeks back and they are doing really great. I am impressed with their growth.
4. Also added Bacopa, But not that impressive growth.
5. Java Fern is still stagnating. I have ran out of ideas now. :(
6. Dead Fishes: Some Angels, Neon Rainbow, Serpae Tetra. :(
1. Its all about CO2: CO2 (Carbon dioxide) is the most deficient nutrient for most Walstad style (Low-Tech) Natural Planted Aquarium. My 3 months results were not that encouraging. Adding lots of plants in the initial setup could have solved my problem. But since there wasn't too much many of aquatic plants, I had a tough time bringing up this aquarium.
Just 3 months back I have started Glut dosing and I am happy with the results. I was able to multiply my plants in no time.
2. Control the Algae: I had a hard time trying to control the deaded Brown Algae. But Glut dosing ans monthly siphoning of 15% water has brought things in control.
Also the filter (running for 5 hrs Daily [overnight]) also is helping.
I am expecting that my lush green growth of aquatic plants will help me to get to a state of almost no algae.