With the limited knowledge, I could get from the Internet and the Diana Walstad's book, I tried my version of Walstad Aquarium. Even though the book is well written, implementing the same has their own problems of their own.
Anyway, with a few hitches, I am on track towards a Lush Green Zero-Maintainence Walstad Aquarium.
Pain points in maintaining a High-Tech Planted Aquarium:
- Costly Equipments: Lights, CO2, Substrate.
- Daily/Weekly monitoring using test kits and feeding fertilizer accordingly.
- Weekly Water Changes.
- A tightly monitored, controlled and manipulated Eco-system.
So here is the plan:
- Fish feeding will be controlled via DIY Automatic Fish Feeder.
- Lights duration will be controlled via Electronic timer.
- 20-Minutes Weekend Maintainence time will consist of
- Gently scraping of minute Algae film from the Aquarium glass.
- Pruning the plants and propogating them.
- Refilling the evaporated water in the Aquarium.